Sunday, December 7, 2008

Helper




It was the perfect weekend to stay indoors! Rarely do we stay home the entire day on a Saturday. Scott made the only trip out and that was to get our Christmas tree. We spent the day rearranging the living room, listening to Christmas songs, decorating the tree, snow blowing the driveway (Scott), drinking coffee (me of course), and eating (me again). Why is it that when it's cold outside I find myself non-stop eating? Wouldn't it be great if calories didn't count when it's cold and snowing?

Jake was a HUGE helper. He took the ball of lights and shoved them into the tree. He is also good at taking the ornaments off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. I think your body needs extra calories when it's cold to help keep your internal furnace going. So, those extra calories really don't count 'cause you use them up right away.

I love your blog and checking out Jake's latest antics. It's a wonderful diversion from online shopping, oops, I mean online job searching. :-)

- Helen

Lynette said...

Tara, he is absoluetely adorable and getting way to big! It will be nice after christmas when he is helping to take things off, as for now, just decorate the top of the tree... that will look nice! ;)

Anonymous said...

Look how big he is! I LOVE the big boy haircut.
I'm sure you are using the word "helper" very loosely :)

Lindsy said...

Oh yes! Undecorating the tree is something that Mac mastered in no time flat ~ HA!
Isn't it a blast to watch all their wonder and excitement?!