Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Jake!

This boy officially turned 2 today. He celebrated last weekend with his cousin Olivia during the family reunion at Nana's house. Today he celebrated with a cake at daycare. Tonight we visited Grandma, Aunt Vicki, and Aunt Kate. Daddy is gone because he is in a wedding tomorrow out of town for rehearsal. All of that to say, we will be celebrating with this side of the family and friends on Sunday night!

I can't believe that two years have gone by already and there is a little brother on the way. As excited as I am, my heart breaks a little for Jake. Coming soon he has to share Mommy and Daddy's attention. I know there is plenty of love to go around but the pregnancy hormones tend to take over and I get weepy easily...just ask Daddy.

Happy Birthday buddy!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Now you are making grandma weepy. Happy Birthday Jake. I love you!

Anonymous said...

I love the updates!
Morgane

Anonymous said...

Don't worry...we all cry a few tears when the days of just our first born and Mom are numbered. The good news is...two seconds after the birth of his brother, you'll wonder how you ever lived without that child. I know you already know that...just affirming you aren't crazy and it is a little sad :)