Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Parade





What a difference a year makes.  The parade was actually relaxing.  The boys applauded for our veterans.  They don't know why, but someday they will.  I don't think I've ever been to Holland's Memorial Day parade.  We're usually on our way home from the cabin or trying to recoup from a weekend gone, and I'm searching for a piece of sanity.  Not this year!  We spent only one night Up North and still had time for a parade on Monday and a bbq with our friends.   Too bad Grandma and Grandpa missed out watching it with us, Grandpa would've been proud!  Either way, I'm proud of my Dad and Travis for serving our country and I gave an extra cheer as the Marines marched by. 

2 comments:

Matt Yount said...

Love the pic of him holding his head! Actually love all the pics! And tell Scott I wore that same shirt he did on Memorial Day too! I wear that shirt every day! Though I don't fill it out in the shoulders the way he does!

Heather said...

We were just down from you across from the Color House. I see you are putting your camera lesson to good use.