Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Flu: Part 2

Survived? Um, little did I know what was to follow my previous post. Jake was on the upswing on Friday but I wasn't ready to take him out visiting people in his Monkey costume. So, I decided to go hang out with my Mom. I left her house at 9. I was going to spend the night but Jake was not settled for some reason. Scott was gone up North for the night w/my Dad and uncle.

I woke up at 1 a.m. on that same night with an intense pain in my stomach. I sat up and the pain got sharper. I ran to the far bathroom (not wanting to wake Jake) and that is where I spent the next 4 hours. At 5:27 a.m. (I was trying to wait until 5:30) I called my Mom in tears. "I need you to come over now!" I was laying in the hallway outside the bathroom before my call to her. I laid down because the room was spinning, I was sweating, and I thought I was going to fall and knock myself out. Of course, My superhero Mom came over saved me. She had to be at work at 9 a.m. so Aunt Vicki came over to wait until Scott (who was summoned home) arrived.

Here is what followed on Saturday/Sunday:
9:15 a.m. My Mom was sick at work
2:00 p.m. Scott got sick
9 p.m. Dad now sick
next morning: Aunt Vicki's friend who was over on Friday was sick

This sucker was violent and contagious! I'll spare you anymore details other than to say I don't know if I've ever experienced any flu like this.

My poor mother is the township clerk and this could not have hit her at a worse time. She has been so busy with this election. She gets a special award for enduring all of it. I hope she is able to relax after today, get better, and feel stress and sick free.

After getting sick one last time last night, sore abs, sore back - today was much brighter! That was until my Jeep wouldn't start and had to be towed to the auto shop.

3 comments:

Matt Yount said...

I love you, but I'm staying FAR away from you guys till the germs clear out! So sorry to hear about what's been going on. Sounds miserable.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? I think that horror story wins for halloween weekend!

I hope everyone is healthy from now on!

Anonymous said...

Sounds aweful. I am so sorry-