Thursday, October 30, 2008

Survived

For those of you who know me, I don't handle gross things very well. You name it and I get queasy- needles, smells, stories of needles or smells, etc.

As of before last night, we have been fortunate enough to not have had a stomach flu stricken child. That ended at midnight last night. Jake woke up crying covered in puke. Scott flipped all the lights on and called for help. It was in poor Jake's hair, ears, pajamas, and crib. I'm almost getting sick writing this. Gagging all the while, I filled the tub. Scott got the laundry started and we got out the spare sheets. Of course he gets a dirty diaper immediately after his bath and clean pajamas. After being up awhile he seems to be doing better. I take him in his room and he immediately gets sick again. All over me this time. How did all that come out of a little boy? Repeat cleaning process. More laundry added to what's already going. Next attempt at laying him down seems to be going better. 10 minutes later, more crying and more puke in crib. Repeat cleaning process. More laundry. 2 a.m. Scott goes to Meijer for pedialyte. 3 a.m. Jake finally goes to sleep until morning (oh wait, it was the morning).

I knew something was not right yesterday when he didn't squeal when seeing his breakfast. His appetite was gone for the day which is not like him. This morning he was back to his self when he saw his toast w/peanut butter - screaming with delight. It makes me smile every morning.

I know...it's all part of having kids and it comes along with the unbelievable blessing of being a parent. In my head I can hear the veterans saying....ah, I've been there! I'm not looking for sympathy. I can just now add it to my list of ah, I've been there. And I don't care to be there again anytime soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll give you sympathy....that is awful! It is always in the middle of the night too.

I wish you sleep and health :)

Dave Roberts said...

Just wait til he gets a bloody burger.