Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bundle Up

Jake and I went for an early morning walk this morning. I always think he looks so old when he wears a hat. As much as I love summer, I really do look forward to putting the hoodies on and snuggling under a blanket.

I'm glad I went for this exercise jaunt this morning. The day brought forth some unplanned emotions. A 7th grade boy from Harbor Lights was killed on the way to school today riding his bike on Riley Street. There were a lot of tears in the school today. Please pray for these students, teachers, and the family of this boy.

Following the lunchrooms, I met with a former middle school student of mine. She is the coolest girl who has had a lot of heartache in life. She told me today that there is not a day that goes by in her life that she doesn't think of her Dad that ran out on their family several years ago. The upside of this conversation was that she loves Jesus and knows that God is her ultimate Dad!

When I have days like these it makes me hold Jake a little closer and be thankful a little more!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Tara, I know this was a tough day for Harbor Lights School. Matt is doing his student teaching out there. My thoughts and prayers are with the family, and staff and the school while they handle all the students questions....
Give Jake a hug for me!