Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Coffee anyone?

So this morning Jake started our day at 5:30 a.m. He was particularly rambunctious today. Into EVERYTHING! He's obsessed with pushing the buttons on our T.V. We've tried all tactics to get him to stop. If the bathroom doors are left open he lifts the toilet seat and has splash time. On a daily basis he eats as if he's been deprived of food and Caveman comes to mind. Trying to get ready in the morning is not getting any easier. The final straw this morning was when I was writing a check and turned around to see my son standing at the kitchen trash can, face covered in coffee grounds. Yes, his fists were full and he was chewing awkwardly and making faces. I screamed and scooped him up while trying to do damage control. My Mom watched him today and she said that trying to change his diaper was like wrestling an alligator. I told her that it might be the coffee he had this morning!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooohhh Tara...I'm soooo sorry that that cutie pie is giving you the workout! although, I will confess I did laugh, and hope that you took a picture of the coffee grounds! Tomorrow is a new day...well, for sleeping in at least. :) ~Kendra (the one in NJ, not MI) :)

Anonymous said...

So we ARE living the same life! Has he tried to eat the dog food yet?
Cullen turns on the TV and then looks at me, points his finger and says "NO-NO!" STINKERS!!!

I would like to request a pic of Jake with his new hair cut :)

Nilsa S. said...

Hahaha. I mean, oh, that's really terrible! But, this post makes me laugh at the "wiring" differences between boys and girls. Seriously. Things that have nothing to do with raising children. They just are certain ways. And you most definitely have a boys' boy! :-)

Lynette said...

Laughing so hard... thanks!

Unknown said...

I am laughing only because I have been there and I am afraid I will be there soon again. We taped (with electrical tape - doesn't stick too bad but enough to keep the box there) a portion of a shoe box over the buttons on the TV. It worked for awhile - buttons were out of sight out of mind! Coffee grounds - at least you could go to work and pass him off to someone else! (Sorry grandma!)

Mary said...

OMG Tara I am laughing hysterically. Jake is really going test you. What a stinker. I love the little guy....
Go for a cup a coffee -- leave Jake with me....

The Robinsons said...

Oh my goodness - I hope today is a better day! Those stories are priceless!