Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fair



We had such a fun day today. Grandma and Grandpa picked us up this morning after church and we headed to the Allegan County Fair. We toured the animal barns, had lunch, and people watched (enough said). Scott and Grandpa got suckered into paying $1 to see a 75 lb. rat. To their disappointment it didn't look like a rat at all. It appeared to be a giant rodent resembling a hamster. For some reason my favorite barn is the cows. I think their cute for some reason when they're all cleaned up and shiny. I like the light brown ones with a block head and wrinkled neck. As much as I love them, I felt zero guilt for eating a fat burger the night before. My least favorite are the chickens. I have a secret fear of the Asian bird flu. After strolling through the aisles of these cluckers, I do get disgusted by eating a chicken breast. Jake was very intrigued by it all. He fell asleep in the car before we even got out of the parking lot (o.k... the parking field).

2 comments:

Mary said...

You crack me up---hmmm shall we have chicken or burgers tonight honey? Well the cows looked a bit cleaner---I'd hate to get that Asian bird flu---and then Wow I can't believe that Scott got sucker into paying $$$ to see a fat rat. Someone would have to pay me!!! Yuk! Fairs and me don't get along. I people watch and do alot of staring and just look in amazement at all the people that should be in the barns instead of the animals....

Anonymous said...

You are a good Mom. I would NEVER take my kids to the fair. I wouldn't even let them go into the petting zoo section at the zoo. I have a farm animal fear....

Jake is too cute. How did you get him to keep that hat on? I have tried all summer with Cullen....no go. "No ha (hat)! No ha!"