Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Weekend Home

It's good to be at home this weekend. Finally a Saturday that we could go to the Farmer's market and casually walk downtown without being in a hurry. Scott played golf this morning and Kate and I ventured out this mid-day. Apparently there were hundreds of other people who also had the same idea. We bought tomatoes, peppers, onions, apples, and peaches. The tomatoes were huge. My favorite thing to eat these days is a piece of toast w/mayo and salted tomato slices. If I had the motivation I'd make some bacon also.

It's good to slow down and love up this weather!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I thought I was the only other person that LOVED toast with fresh tomatoes....Yum.. How's little Jake doing? I miss him....

Anonymous said...

I love the weather too! Jeans, long sleeve shirts, no coats!! Good football weather. Loretta said she saw you...of course she said "I saw Tar-a downtown today." Some things never change....