Saturday, May 1, 2010

New Home

Dear Jake and Caleb,

You are upstairs sleeping right now in your new house on Lake Forest. I am exhausted, but I think it's going to be worth the back breaking move - you both are going to love it here. I'm pretty sure your big dog Jackson is already acclimated. He has already introduced himself to all the neighbors and their mailboxes. Speaking of neighbors, most of them have already stopped by and introduced themselves. I'm especially appreciative of the VanAppledorns at this very moment, they brought chocolate chip cookies.

Daddy just left because he is working on his Master's degree online through an intense one and a half year program. He has a mid-term exam to complete tonight. He was a little late because you (Jake) wanted to rock just "a couple more minutes" (that's your latest saying). If you hadn't gone to bed at 10:15 last night, he probably would've rocked you longer. You are very tired tonight.

I'm proud of both of you boys, sounds like you were good for Tori today. You even took naps for her!

You guys are surrounded by lots of family and friends that love you. Mommy and Daddy are thankful for them too, especially during the move. Maybe we can have a big "thank-you" party for them once we get settled, you (Jake) can show them all the sharks in the basement - "the big one is coming!"

Love,
Mommy

P.S. There was a woman on the Today Show that wrote letters to her daughters in the form of a journal. It inspired me to maybe blog some letters to you....things that you won't remember, but someday you might read. I want you both to understand how much love I have for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a great mom! Happy Birthday also.

Anonymous said...

You're so great. I am now going to do the same.