Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad, 62!

What do I get the guy who has everything?  Every year I find myself scrambling to come up with something meaningful for my parents for Christmas.  Because they never need anything, I usually end up going the picture route, a calendar of the kids or a framed photo taken up North, etc.  My Dad loves to grill, and specifically takes pride in his Weber charcoal grill.  I thought I'd really surprise him this year with these cool shish-kabob skewers, called Firewires.  You can bend them to fit more stuff on them, and also marinate the whole thing in a ziplock.  Pretty cool idea, huh?  It was cool and creative until he sat next to me Christmas morning with one in hand to show me what Santa brought him in his stocking!  He asked if I'd ever seen one before, of course I answered "no".  I just can't win!  I thought for sure he'd never seen one of these before.  But then again, he does hang out in hardware stores...I should've know better.   So Dad, since I'm still a little chapped about this whole Christmas present experience...you get nothing but a big fat "Happy Birthday" from me today.  In all seriousness, I couldn't ask for a better Dad, and if I really start going into great detail about how blessed I am to have such a great Father, this post will get way too lengthy.  And I'm just not feeling like getting the tissue out.

1 comment:

Matt Yount said...

That's awesome! Both the funny part about the skewers and how special your dad is!