Thursday, January 13, 2011

Soccer Mom

I officially signed Jake up for Soccer this week.  I took him to the Soccer Stop on Monday night to check it out.  I don't think he's slept well since then.  Every day he asks if it's soccer day yet.  Today was the day.  I think it was only appropriate that he already lost his soccer shirt this morning.  I mean, what's a 1st soccer day morning without Mommy blowing a gasket because somehow it walked off the kitchen counter to hide itself in the black hole of missing things in our house. Thankfully Daddy saved the day and saved me some therapy, by coming home to find the shirt.  It mysteriously made it's way to Mommy and Daddy's bed and under the covers, weird.  I also think it's protocol that all good soccer shirts reach the knees, even after being boiled in the washer and fried in the dryer.  

The one time he was sitting with the group, listening.


Learning to trap.

Well...it was all worth it.  To add to the excitement, Jake's friend Jonathan also got to sign up for the same session.  There were many occasions when I just couldn't stop laughing, like when Jake went up to the coach and was poking his cheeks.  Or when he just laid down on the ground and said "I'm done, I'm tired."  All I could do was cover my mouth and turn away.  

3 comments:

Stacey said...

How cute! Will he have "games"? If he does, please let us know because the girls would LOVE to come cheer him on!!!

Unknown said...

Super Cute!

Tara Follett said...

Stacey, his "games" are on Thursdays. I'm sure he would love an audience! Come anytime. I think McDonald's will be our tradition afterwards...join us!