Friday, March 7, 2008

Middle School Prayers

10 girls came to the after-school Bible study on Thursday. One of the things we did was talk about praying and the power of prayer. God tells us to "give all our worries and cares to him, he cares about what happens to us." - 1 peter 5:17

Based on this verse, here are the requests of these middle school girls (written word for word, spelling and all).

  • That I won't back out this next week THURSDAY to tell him good-bye.
  • Please pray for my grandma with her cancer and that she dosn't get wrose but better. And that my whole family and friend stay safe.
  • Deal with my period. And Mom - stop smoking & doing bad stuff.
  • My mom to stop smoking Old mom to stop running away from cops.
  • Please pray for my friend who is having a ruff time. Thank you!
  • I pray for my friend and his mom who just got married on the 5th of March.
  • My dad
  • I want to pray for my grandma because she is lonely because my grandpa just died.
I don't know about you but I don't remember middle school being this hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life might not have been that tough for you in middle school ... lucky girl. Also, though, remember you are looking at the collection of prayers versus just one (e.g., yours). Looking back at our own lives, there probably were times when family was sick or parents were misbehaving. I know there were those times in my history, even though I also know I lived a very good life growing up.

Matt Yount said...

How cool these girls have a friend named Tara.

Anonymous said...

Tara,

Knowing the type of girls that you work with, and the backgrounds and home lives they come from, I agree with you...They deal with things on a day to day basis that we were fortunate enough to not have to worry about. Yes we had illness in the family, and yes there were times when family members made mistakes. But your girls deal with these issues day in and day out--week in and week out. They far exceed the few sporadic struggles that we had. They are lucky to have a person that they can turn to for stability.