Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Colorado

In just a few short days YFC will be taking a charter bus out to Colorado, Noah's Ark outdoor adventure camp. We'll be taking about 25 middle school kids and 5 adults. Scott is coming too. He has 3 West Ottawa boys going. I think there should be a special spot in Heaven for us middle school workers.

As much as we're looking forward to the trip, I'm not excited about leaving little Jakester. I could cry just thinking of it. I know that it will be harder for me than Jake! He'll be in good hands with Grandmas and Grandpas.

I can't believe the prep going into this trip just on the home front. Making sure there is food in the fridge for out of town Grandparents, food for jake, all clothes washed, sheets cleaned, bag packed for other Grandma and Grandpa to pick up mid-week, Jackson to the kennel - picked up from the kennel, oh yeah...and pack our own stuff.

If you think of it, pray for us. I can't wait to be on the bus heading out of town. We're going to have such a good time. Most importantly, I hope that the kids can soak in God's creation and appreciate His beauty!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice picture...I've seen that one somewhere before. You know that I am praying for you, it's going to go so fast, you'll be back before you know it!

Micah Salazar, the operations manager at Noah's has a little dude about a year older than Jake, and I'm sure we can borrow him one night!

Matt Yount said...

What you guys do ROCKS! Try to be fully present in each moment. And I hope you and Scott get lots of rest and Jake-time just to yourselfs when you get back.