Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Confession

The house next to ours is for sale. It is actually a foreclosure. I was sad to see our neighbors lose their house. Talk about seeing the effects of the economy first hand. He lost his job and they just couldn't make it.

Here's my confession. When I see prospective buyers come by I do a quick first impression synopsis. If I don't like what I see I send our 100 lb. dog outside. He has a bark much bigger than his bite. With that said, there has been this young couple coming by frequently to look at the house. I make sure and keep Jackson inside. I then make an unnecessary trip out to the mailbox to smile and wave.

I know this is all uncalled for. I can't help it. I want to feel safe sending Jake out to play.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That hilarious...but I think I would do the same thing!

Matt Yount said...

That's so Tara! And so funny! But good neighbors make a BIG difference, so there's nothing wrong with a little manipulation!!

We'll be praying for the trip!!