Friday, August 1, 2008

Tick Tock

I always do this. "By this time tomorrow we'll be..." in Nebraska! "By this time next week..." we'll be home and sleeping in our own bed. Does anyone else do this?

Well in less than 10 hours we'll be loading the bus for Colorado. I won't sleep much tonight. I'll have checklists running through my head. I always think of something that I still need to pack. Then I think will I remember this in the morning? As much as I'm not a morning person and depend on an alarm clock, I never need one the day we're leaving on a trip. I notoriously wake up like a minute before it's going to go off. Is that weird? Aren't our minds an amazing thing?

I need to go to bed. Maybe I'll finish watching the Tigers. They'll put me to sleep. Gary Sheffield has to go. Hey...how come nobody is wearing their chef hats now?

2 comments:

Matt Yount said...

I never get a restful sound sleep before a trip. I'm usually up late packing, and my mind too won't relax. Usually when I think of something I still want to pack or do once I'm in bed I'll throw something on the floor so when I see that thing on the floor in the morning it will hopefully remind that I'm supposed to remember something.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you :)