Thursday, August 21, 2008

Exhausted

These last few weeks have left us feeling wiped. Our awesome trip to Colorado brought us home feeling tired. A few days later and not yet recovered we found out that Scott's Grandpa wasn't doing well. He passed away this past Saturday. The past few days have been a time of sorrow and celebration. Yesterday's funeral was a sweet good-bye that left us coming home very emotionally drained. We picked Jake up at my parent's way passed his bedtime. At 2 a.m. he woke up crying. His breathing was shallow. I insisted on bringing him to the E.R. 3 hours later, we left the emergency room with an upper respiratory infection diagnosis. Another words...keep an eye on him, there's not much we can do but let him work it out. After getting to sleep at about 5 a.m., Jake promptly woke up on his schedule of 7 a.m. This mama and dada are not functioning well on only a few hours of sleep last night. Oh, did I mention how busy this week is? We have a chicken BBQ tomorrow? Scott is simultaneously frantically trying to squeeze in time in his classroom.

My eyes are heavy tonight and I'm looking forward to bed. I have a feeling that Jake is going to have a restless night of sleeping. I can hear him having a hard time breathing well through the baby monitors. I'm ready to catch up on sleep but as I look ahead to next week's busy week - I don't see it happening! I feel like I keep passing Jake off to other people and it's making me have a lot of mom guilt these days.

I wish that I could magically create one more week before school starts and put nothing on the calender but time with family. Would anyone else be up for that? Just one more week please! Summer...please don't go yet. I hardly got to see you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, he looks so cute in his hospital gown! Please don't hesitate to call if you need anything....even if it's just a sanity check.

Matt Yount said...

Wow! That's a lot in a short amount of time, especially so close after a youth trip (and we know how restful those are!). Thinking of you guys. I would for sure come for some chicken Friday... except we will be at the lake house for one more summer hurrah.

Blessings,

Matt

Anonymous said...

Oh...Tara!!! Both my kids have asthma, so we have been in the ER at 3:00AM before. I know that EXHAUSTED feeling. Pass him off and don't feel guilty. You need some rest.

I am also up for another week. I feel like things are so crazy right now, I'm not sure how I am going to find time to teach.

He does look cute in that hospital gown :) Take Care....I wish you sleep!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get some take it easy time soon. My thoughts are with you. Love Morgane

Mary said...

Tara, It was so nice to see Jake on Friday. If you EVER need a break I would love to watch him for you. I miss him so much. He is such a doll.
We had such a great time at the BasketBall Tournament this weekend. It is a great family event! Keep in touch! Mary Maly

Nilsa S. said...

So sorry for your rough week. One thing after another after another. No good. I'll second your motion for one more week of summer. I pretty much missed mine, too.

Take care of you. Here's hoping things settle down a bit in the coming weeks.