Sunday, August 10, 2008

We're Home!






The bus rolled back into Zeeland on Friday night at about 7:30 p.m. We had a great time. Someone asked me my favorite part. Without question it's watching the kids see the mountains for the first time. There were some kids who had never been out of Michigan. They were fighting for the front of the bus when we finally got out there. I always love when their taking pictures through the dirty window. I want to say the mountains aren't going anywhere - you have all week to capture them. But I don't, it's too fun to watch them in awe. I'm not sure how anyone can deny God during these times.

I'm going to try and post some video of the kids soon. The flip camera was great to have on this trip. Now I need to make sure and download it!

Picture 1 - The view outside our tents.
Picture 2 - Noah climbing Bob's Rock.
Picture 3 - Our group of Middle School students.
Picture 4 - Pretending we're on vacation.

Did I mention that on the trip out there the air conditioning broke? Oh yeah, there are no windows that open on the bus either. Kids were passing out sleeping from the heat. We were being pressure cooked in Nebraska. The heat outside was about 100 degrees. Can you imagine what it was inside that bus? This is the last I want to talk about this part of the trip. Thankfully it was fixed for the way home. It stunk at is it was. My Chaco sandals might have had something to do with the smell.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tara--My mom says what would the trip be without a few stories? And we want to know if you put your sandals in the freezer to get rid of the smell yet? Oh one more thing she is feeling left out she wants a picture of Jake!