Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Caleb





Before it's super far beyond the fact, we celebrated Caleb's first birthday (twice actually) last week. I decided to go easy on the budget and make the cakes for both parties, and yes, out of a box! I actually like box cakes, maybe I just like cake in general. Pair it with good ice cream and we're good to go. Party #1; the home-made frosting didn't turn out as it should've so I had to mix it with store bought, oh well. Party #2; I went with a different frosting recipe, and the cake went in the trash an hour before the guests arrived! So, I resorted to my emergency Costco size brownie box for a quick back-up. I vowed I would never make frosting again, but I probably will.

Caleb had his one year Doctor's appointment on Friday. He is measuring 30 inches (59%), 24 lbs, 8 oz. (74%), and head size is off the charts in the 99th percentile! Doctor's comments, "well, since he's developmentally not behind, we won't do a head scan!" I guess it runs in the family, have you seen Jake? And P.S., I'm not concerned. We just say that it's packed with brains.

It's hard to believe one year ago were will still waiting to bring him home from the hospital. I had good intentions of making a video of the first year, I started weeks ago, but of course never finished. But, the baby book is almost done!

Happy Birthday Caleb, we love you!

No comments: