Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day Weekend






Packing up all the STUFF for a one and three year-old and heading up to a small cabin is not something I always look forward to. I know, a lot of people would love this opportunity. So, I try and put my personal selfishness and laziness aside and go for it! And I am almost always glad we did. This weekend was no different. Jake LOVES going up to the cabin. He especially enjoyed taking daily trips out to Grandpa's tree stand on the golf cart, and I bet Grandpa never thought he'd be building sandcastles in the woods with dirt, sticks, and moss next to his tree stand. They (Grandpa and Jake) also decided to make shadow monsters outside on the deck, the one night the sun happened to be shining. We also roasted marshmallows that night. Jake insisted on doing it all by himself.

I can only hope to pass along to our boys the wonderful memories as my parents did for us, and it makes me appreciate them all the more.

1 comment:

Brad and Jill said...

Such cute pictures - I especially love the ones on the garage door. Going anywhere overnight is so much work but it for sure it always worth it - you guys take great pictures!