Tuesday, May 22, 2012

River Bank Run 2012

I have a drawer full of River Bank Run shirts.  They're stained, too small, too big, faded, etc.  I can't throw them away.  I feel like such hard work went into earning each one.  This year was no different.  I ran the 10K in 61ish minutes.  Once again, I didn't reach my goal of under an hour.  But, I felt good, and I have come to the conclusion:  that's what matters.

We had a dedicated group of runners that participated in our Belay Youth Ministry team.  I am so proud of their dedication to running and accomplishing their personal goals.  I am humbled by their commitment to raising pledges for our new ministry.

Thank you, runners and pledgers!  And thank you, to our sponsors: Profiles by Design, WestEdge Realty, and Ryder.  And, a special thank-you to Request Food (and Sarah Bosma) for providing all of our food on Friday night, the Artisan Macaroni and Cheese is my fave!  Pledges are still coming in, so I will post a total amount raised, soon.  And, it's not too late to donate or follow-up on a verbal pledge!

The t-shirts were also a crowd favorite.  Thank you, Tara Meeuwsen, for volunteering your unbelievable talents with the logo creation.  You are so appreciated!

Most of the gang...missing a few.

Awwww...

My 5:30 a.m. running partner

Team Lakewood Elementary

Major sponsor every year!  Profiles by Design.

Tim's first race, and it was a 10K.  Proud!!

Proud of these girls, also!

This is before the race.  Can you tell?

Team Yount

No comments: