Thursday, October 18, 2007

I can't remember the code!

So, yesterday was the day. It was only a matter of time before I did something to potentially put my son in danger. I locked him in the car! Yup, with my keys.

"O.K...don't panic, we've got a keyless entry option on our 'new' 2002 Ford Explorer. Don't panic. Don't panic. What is the code? I do this all the time. It's 1-3-?-7-5. No, that's not it. Shoot, I can't have the alarm go off. What is it? It's 1-0-?-7-5. No, I know it ends in 75. O.K...don't panic," as I angle my head to wave at my darling little boy.

"I'll just call Scott at school." Ring ring ring...ring ring ring. Where is he? He has to be in his class...he's a teacher. Call back. Ring ring ring. O.K. I'll call the office. "HiGailhowareyou....I REALLY need to get a hold of Scott." He finally gets to the phone. It was recess time of course. "Hihoneywhat'sthecodetothecar?" He says matter of factly, "3-1-8-7-5. Why?" I say, "oh...I just locked your first born son in our car...gotta go!"

So, there it is "31875." I'm telling the world on my public blog. I might be calling you someday to look up my code.

I love you keyless entry. That was the longest 4 minutes of my life!

6 comments:

Lindsy said...

Oh no! I have *yet* to lock the boys in the car ~ but now Griffin or Paxton could unlock the door....BUT I DID lock Joey Follett's yellow lab puppy in my car back in 2002 (and yes, my car was running, it was winter.....)Needless to say I figured out a way to unlock my car doors by pulling back the window and using a hanger to hit the unlock button......

Unknown said...

I would die if I had to remember one more code...I forgot my ATM pin number yesterday and I needed cash for the volleyball game that I was late for. I tried all of the options and still couldn't remember it...but I was afraid the machine would eat my card and not give it back to me. Talk about feeling stupid. Still not sure what that number is...

Anonymous said...

Hey there, It's Morgane. I just read about your crazy story. Incase it makes you feel better just two days ago something similiear happened to me. I locked a very low functioning disabled student in the school vehicle. Luckly she didn't freak out and somejow she was able to open the door from the inside before I had to call for help. S*** happens. It will be great story to write in his baby book that's for sure. I think it is funny.

Anonymous said...

I can relate. A few years ago we were all ready to leave for Fl, car was packed and warming up. Even my purse was in there with the extra key just in case we loose one on vacation. The only snow storm of the season. Yup, you guessed it, I too locked the keys in the car with it running. I had to call for service and was told it would be a couple of hours because of the storm they were very very busy. I told them "NO, it cant be a couple of hours, you need to understand, the car is running and we are ready to leave for vacation" They showed up about a half hour later. I don't think my husband said one word in the car for the first two hours......... At least the car was nice and warm. We were at least lucky not to have had a little one in the car. We now keep a extra key under the car. We need to get one for our daughter now since she had locked herself out 2 times within a couple of weeks.

Ceci LaBarge said...

One time I put Elliana in her car seat when she was a baby...AND FORGOT TO BUCKLE HER IN IT! I drove her all around town like that.

Matt Yount said...

Tori did that once too, in the garage at our first house. I was on a youth retreat at Geneva, so I was able to quick drive home with the second set of keys! Good story though!