Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Warm Clothes and Campfires




Like a lot of people, I love fall weather. I also love campfires. So this past weekend we went camping! We were joined by the Heneveld and Overkamp families at Double JJ ranch. They had lots of activities going on. I especially enjoyed the Haunted Barn...I hate being the last person in the group though. I just know some creepy swamp ape is going to sneak up behind me with a chainsaw.

Aside from the haunts, we spent most of our time around the campfire, playing bean bag toss, drinking hot drinks, and of course eating. Jake did great. He isn't a huge fan of being outside in the cold yet, but he did awesome. Next year, we're going to be chasing him around, trying to get him inside. I hope it becomes an annual tradition!

I also taught the girls how to make campfire long johns.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bring an extra does of patience next year...we camped this summer with a two year old and I don't think I sat down once the whole weekend. Great pictures...looks like you had fun this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun. I am sure you had a blast in the haunted house. The outdoors will become a natural with Jake just with his experience at the Speedy Goat Lodge. Oh yea, the long johns YUMMY!