Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Do not try this at home!

I'm scared. Like usual, when I have a computer problem I call on our certain friends (I won't mention their names because their mine...you may not borrow them with your stupid computer questions.) I usually end up feeling really dumb and embarrassed I called. Not today, I just wondered how I got to be in the same social circle with such smart people. My wireless wasn't working (which was also set up by them) on my computer. My little radar wasn't even appearing at the top, let alone to show me if there was a signal.

Here's what happened:

Me: hi, i can't connect to the internet. i don't even see that thing up in the corner to show any signal.
Him: shut your computer down, then hold the apple, control, the "p", and the "r". oh, while you're holding these down...press the power button. after you hear 6 dings, you can let go of the keys.
Me: (scared) 1-2-3-4-5-6
Him: text and code will appear. now type in "fsuk -f" and hit enter.
Me: Do I spell enter or hit enter. (just kidding, he clarified that for me)

This jargon went on for another ten minutes. Alas, internet connection! O.K...you get it, I have REALLY smart friends. You see we don't talk about these things while we're just hanging out playing the Wii.

Disclaimer: Do not try to attempt any of these partial codes I just gave you at home. Only the elite can communicate and enter codes in your computer terminal.

Thank you for rescuing me once again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and to think I learned everything by watching you. Love MOM

Nilsa S. said...

I hate when the tech guy at work asks me if I tried turning the computer off, waiting a few seconds and turning it back on. Um, hello, they pay you to ask me these questions?!

Ceci LaBarge said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt Yount said...

That's like typing in a swear word or something.